Welcome to the Syon Park FAQs area. Please find below a selection of frequently asked questions that we feel may be useful.
The team here at Syon have been working hard to ensure the House & Gardens are safe for both staff and visitors.
- You must log in using the NHS Track and Trace
- Please wear a facemask when visiting indoor areas, unless otherwise exempt
- Temperature check before entering the House
- Sanitising stations are available around the whole estate.
- Timeslot tickets only with limited visitor numbers
- Maintain social distancing where possible
- Screens in place at the Visitor Centre till points
- You must not enter if you are self-isolating or have symptoms of COVID-19
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time
• Is there a cafe?
Two eateries in the new Hillier Garden Centre www.hillier.co.uk
• Are dogs allowed in Syon House and gardens?
Only assistance dogs are permitted in the House and gardens.
• Can I fly a drone in the park?
The use of drones, or similar small unmanned aircraft, without prior permission is strictly prohibited within Syon Park. For more information email email@example.com
• Access Information
For more information please click here Access Information
• Am I able to make a group booking in advance to ensure there are no problems on the date we intend to visit?
Yes, you can. Please note that it is essential that a group booking is made in advance using the form provided on the Group Bookings page.
• Do I have to buy tickets online?
No, you can if you wish but tickets are also available to buy at the Visitor Centre.
• I want to use a special offer/membership ticket. Can I buy these online?
Yes you can. Some have restrictions and you must bring the valid special offer/membership card on the day as proof. See our Promotions page for more details. Please note that these are only valid during the season for general House and gardens opening. Not valid for special events.
• Can I bring a picnic?
Yes you can, but not on the front lawn or in or around the Great Conservatory. There isn't a wet weather option and all rubbish must be taken off site.
• Can I take photos in the House and gardens?
Yes you can as a reminder of your visit but only for personal use. There are restrictions in the house - no flash, no tripods, no selfie sticks. Syon is unable to help with personal or student projects. For blogs and commercial photography please see the Photography Policy for more details or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Is there parking?
Yes, there is a large free car park that is available for those visiting one of the businesses on the park. Parking is entirely at owners risk. Syon Park will not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to vehicle or contents.
Bicycle parking racks are located outside the Garden Centre
• Are you open in the winter?
We usually close at the end of October and reopen in mid-March.
• What age is child?
A child is 5 to 16 years inclusive. Under 5s are free. All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
• Can we bring scooters or bikes into the garden?
No, not in the gardens but fine in the areas outside along the main drive.
• Are you part of National Trust, English Heritage, or the Art Fund?
No, however we do have partnerships with the Historic Houses Association (HHA) and Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) members.
• What are the benefits for Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) members?
As we are only a partner garden only the main card holder receives the membership benefit, which is free entry into the gardens and a reduced £5 entry for the house.
• What are the benefits for Historic Houses Association (HHA) members?
Free entry into the house and gardens.
• Is the House open every day?
No. Throughout the season the House is only open on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays, and the Gardens daily. However, this may change depending on COVID restrictions.
• Can I bring a BBQ?
No, only standard picnics.
• Is the house timed and are there any tours?
There are usually guides in every room if you have any questions but it is mostly self-guided.
If you need any further information then please contact us at email@example.com or call 020 8560 0882